Siena is a 667 acre age restricted community located in the master planned community of Summerlin in Las Vegas, Nevada. There are many amenities residents enjoy include:
• Access controlled entries to the community.
• An 18-hole championship golf course.
• There is a 39,000 square foot Community Center, perfect for club or social activities complete with meeting rooms, a lending library, business center, computer lab and billiard and card rooms.
• Well manicured landscaping keep Siena beautiful for all.
• A 15,900 square foot Health & Fitness Center with a full service salon, gym, saunas and steam rooms, an indoor heated lap pool with spa. There is also a heated and covered outdoor swimming pool with an attached spa.
• Other activities residents enjoy are: tennis, pickleball, bocce courts and horseshoe pits.
• The Siena Village Center overlooks beautiful Lake Siena.
With plenty of walking paths and parks, Siena is THE age restricted community to spend your leisure time entertaining, or relaxing in the peace and quiet of the community. Reach out to us if you’d like more information about this great community and find out what homes are available for sale.
So you’ve found some properties you’re interested in that are located in age restricted communities in Las Vegas and now you have to decide which home will be the right fit for you and your lifestyle.
The issue then becomes which features are important to you? Are you looking for a home that has a pool, is handicap accessibility or has a three car garage? What are the features that matter to you? Are said features conducive to your life and needs? For instance; if the home features skylights but you are someone who has a sensitivity to light –probably not a good choice.
While upgrades are nice, sometimes they exist only to add value so the seller can “push up” the price. Homeowners can sometimes customize a home to the point it makes it hard to sell because the upgrades and features are not supported by other homes in the area. Meaning there aren’t homes like it in the area with those upgrades –making it hard to run comparables and justify paying the extra money.
The first thing to do is write down what’s important to you and what are the “must haves” in a home you are considering. Write down the features that would be nice but you could live without –meaning they’re not necessities.
Make sure you inform your Realtor of the criteria that way they only bring up the available homes that meet your specifications. This way, everyone saves time and the expense of going from home to home by only viewing those with that are within your criteria.
If you are in the market to purchase a home in an age restricted community in Las Vegas, then you need to know a few things on how to make your offer stand out above the other offers. While some of these may seem like a “no brainer” – they will help you get your offer in front of the seller to your potential new home:
• If you are interested in multiple properties, make sure your Realtor knows which ones you are serious about when submitting your offer(s) -i.e. which properties you prefer.
• If possible and after your Realtor diligently checks all the comparables in the area, submit a REASONABLE offer either meeting or (if market trends permit) exceeding the seller’s asking price. “Lowballing” a seller will surely put you on their “do not call” list.
• If you have the means, put a cash offer in. Nothing slows down a real estate transaction like needing bank approval for a loan. If not, GET PREAPPROVED by your preferred lender and make sure you work with them to get all requisite paperwork to them as things move along. The more diligent you are on your end –the less time EVERYONE will have to wait for the closing.
• If you find a property at a “bargain” price –offer a “fast closing”. Having everything in place on your end will ensure a fast closing and make everyone happy.
• Sellers, like buyers, have different needs. Get to know the seller and their situation, this way you know WHY they are asking for whatever they are. Do some research – the more you know, the more inclined the seller will be to accept your offer and work with you.
• Be reasonable if the home needs some minor “fixing up”. Don’t make too many demands of the seller to fix very minor things. Obviously this doesn’t mean if a home needs a new roof or considerable repairs you shouldn’t ask for them to be dealt with. But instead, use them as a “bargaining” chip.
The bottom line is this: sellers are more inclined to work with buyers who are reasonable and not overly demanding. Remember to not sweat the small stuff. Get advice from your real estate agent as well and as in every business transaction: LISTEN. You will learn so much more just by simply asking the right questions, listening to the advice and making your decisions based on good information.
If you’re a retiree and are looking to move into an age restricted community in Las Vegas, now is the time! The many amenities these communities offer are incredible: parks, walking paths, golf courses, access to shopping/places of worship, neat and well manicured homes and the blessing of age restriction.
The reason that “now is the time” is the Las Vegas housing market has shifted to a more “buyer” centric focus. Meaning that prices have stabilized and there are enough properties on the market to spur healthy competition.
Here is a list of all the age restricted communities in Las Vegas and Henderson. If you are in the market to buy a home in one of these communities, you will need a licensed real estate professional who knows the Las Vegas marketplace and will guide and educate you. A professional Realtor is imperative to helping you meet your criteria and finding you your new home! Contact us here!
Age restricted communities offer many amenities for those who are looking to or are already retired and ready to live out their golden years enjoying life. In fact, in Las Vegas, there are so many age restricted communities it can be hard to pick the right one that will meet the criteria for each person that it becomes a daunting task doing all the research on each area.
Mostly the criteria comes down to: price point –how much you’re willing to spend. The activity level you are seeking –some communities offer many active retirees more amenities than others. Some are looking for gated or guard gated for safety, some want close access to shopping, places of worship and freeways.
Still some prospective buyers just want a quiet little community to relax in away from the hustle and bustle of the Las Vegas life. Some communities offer less activities for those who cannot or do not want to be “on the go” all the time. And for those are limited in their budget, mobile home parks are a great place to call home.
If you are in the market for a home in an age restricted community, the amount of choices with where to live and buy can seem overwhelming. To find the right Las Vegas age restricted community and property for you, click here and fill out the form. A real estate professional from King Realty Group will contact and help you meet your home buying criteria!
King Realty Group has exclusive access to the most desirable retirement home communities in the Las Vegas and Henderson area. These neighborhoods have many wonderful amenities and provide busy social calendars for their residents making it the perfect spot for adults over the age of 55. Well known age restricted communities such as Sun City Anthem, Solera at Anthem, Sun City MacDonald Ranch, Terra Bella Condos, Sun City Summerlin, Siena in Summerlin, Quail Estates West, Promenade at the Meadows, Ardiente, Los Prados, Sun City Aliente, Solera at Stallion Mountain, and Sterling Silver Springs are among the communities that King Realty Group agents have access to.